Friday, August 1, 2014

House of the Sun and the Most Spiritual Hour in a National Park

An incredible spiritual experience Thursday Morning from House of the Sun at 10,000 ft. on top of Haleakala.  Awaken at 3:15 AM, drive to the summit by 5:00 AM, and watch the one hour long show.  I highly recommend putting this one on your bucket list.  I'm glad Star and I waited until the traveling Burri visited before taking it in.

My daughter, who has traveled much of our planet, said it best with "This is IT!"

Video of sunrise and the traditional ceremonial chant
http://youtu.be/bJXuQTxNsVM

Star, I'm almost certain wearing a bathrobe over your
NPS uniform is a violation of park policy.  Then again,
work doesn't start for another two hours.
First hint of daybreak 5:15 AM
And it begins








 





 






No comments:

Post a Comment