Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day 3, Haleakala National Park

Yesterday, Star and I travelled up to my new workplace to meet some of my future co-workers.  I received a superb orientation, and met some super friendly and knowledgeable people.

After the orientation, Star and I headed to the top of Haleakala to see the crater.  In my wildest dreams, I never thought this would one day be my workplace.


Yes, I took this photo.  No, it has not been enhanced.
 



 
I'm typing this post while Star has gone on her first excursion alone in the car to Foodland (about 5 miles away).  We tried Walmart a couple of days ago in Kahului, but shopping there is a contact sport.  The place is packed with people frantically trying to buy the cheapest items on the shelves.  Many of the shelves are empty, and many items are not marked.  The closest analogy would be the real estate market, which on Maui makes Walmart a strong sellers market.  I'm surprised they don't auction items to the highest bidder.  Two hours later, we came home exhausted and took a nap.

When Star returns from Foodland, we are going to check out some of the local beaches.  The closest ones are about 15 miles from the house.  I'm interested in seeing Jaws, which is Maui's famous surfing spot with waves on occasion going 40 to 45 feet!

Aloha!

Enjoying watching our hibiscus plant bloom with different colored flowers
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment